Chinese Chicken Salad for a crowd
I know that there are a thousand versions of this recipe out there, but this is the version that I have taken to call my own. Its great for parties and kids seem to like it. Keep the noodles, slaw and dressing separate until right before serving to keep the crunch of the raw noodles.
- 1 12 oz bag of broccoli slaw
- 1 12 oz bag of cabbage slaw
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 packages of ramen noodles, smashed and seasoning packet reserved
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of almond slices
- 3 tbs sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- Pour two tablespoons of the sesame oil in a medium grill pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan once the oil is hot. Cook on both sides until cooked through. Once cooked, set aside to a cutting board and let cool. Once cooled, chop into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, take the two bags of slaw and cilantro and toss to combine. Add in almonds and ramen.
- Mix together the remaining 1 tbs of sesame oil, vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, red wine vinegar and sugar and ginger powder. Wisk until a dressing is formed.
- Combine the chicken with the slaw mixture and then finally fold in the dressing.