- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 1.5 cups chicken gravy
- 2 cans of small biscuits
- 1 tbs parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat butter in skillet until melted. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add parsnips, carrots and celery to skillet. Pour 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer until water is almost evaporated.
- Add gravy and chopped chicken and cook just until warmed.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with biscuits, evenly arranged to fill all gaps. Bake for 12 minutes.
- 1.5 lb ground turkey
- 1.5 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- Parsley (optional)
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Cook turkey in skillet until no longer pink. Drain and salt and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes and brown sugar.
- Meanwhile, add parsnips to a pot and cover with water. Boil and cook for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Mash the parsnips and add milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the ground turkey mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish and top with mashed parsnips. Top with Parsley if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 can of lentils, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take a 10 inch skillet and heat 1 tbs of oil over medium. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook each side until juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add the balsamic to the skillet and deglaze the pan. Return the chicken to the pan and cover all sides in the balsamic.
- Meanwhile, Toss together the apple, spinach, celery and lentils. Add two tbs of balsamic and 1 tbs EVOO.
- Plate the chicken and spoon a bit of the glaze over the chicken. Serve alongside the salad.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1/2 tbs grated ginger
- 1/2 tbs grated lemon grass
- 2 cups mango marinade or sauce
- 2 cups minute white rice, uncooked
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- Take a saucepan and combine the minute rice, coconut milk and 2 cups of water and bouillon cube. Place over high heat until bubbling and then set to low and cover.
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and cook the onion, garlic, ginger and lemon grass for 5 minutes. Add in the chicken pieces and cook just until no longer pink.
- Add the mango sauce and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over the coconut rice.
- 3 lbs eye of round
- 2 cups of coffee (I used nantucket blend)
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 peppers, tops cut and seeded
- 1 1/2 cup of 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- Take the eye of round and put it in a slow cooker and spread the garlic over the meat. Pour the coffee over the meat. Add the salt and pepper. Set on low for 7 hrs.
- During the 6th hour of cooking, take a sauce pan and pour in the milk. Once warm, remove 1/2 cup of milk and add the flour to it. Once combined, return to the sauce pan. Add the cheeses slowly while stirring. Add the white pepper and oregano.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker, drain and shred. Add the meat to the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the bottom parts of the peppers in the slow cooker and wedge the tops between them so they stand upright.
- Fill the peppers with the cheesesteak filling. Add 1 inch of water to the bottom of the crockpot. Set the timer for 1 hr. If desired, sprinkle cheese over the top of the peppers in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 1.5 tbs sesame oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 4oz can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 4oz can bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
- 1 14oz can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated lemongrass
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 head Boston Lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- Cook the ground turkey in the sesame oil until browned. Drain.
- Add next 9 ingredients and cook until warmed.
- Add peanut butter and vinegar and thoroughly stir.
- Serve warm over the lettuce leaves.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 8 pita pockets
- 8 romaine hearts
- Mix first 6 ingredients well in a mixing bowl.
- Slice a pita pocket in half and split open. Add half a romaine heart followed by a 5 tablespoons of the chicken mixture.
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 20 oz frozen tortellini
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 leeks, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Add butter to a large stock pot over medium heat. Once melted, add leeks, carrots and celery. Saute until leeks are translucent.
- Add broth, garlic salt, thyme and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook until tortellini rise to the top and are cooked through.
- Add spinach and heat through.
- 1 lb fusilli pasta
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 1 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 4 cups of arugula
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers, undrained
- 4 oz gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, In a large saute pan, heat EVOO. Add sausages and cook through, crumbling while cooking. Drain.
- Add roasted red peppers, gorgonzola, chicken broth and pasta water (when pasta is being drained).
- Mix in arugula, one cup at a time.
- Mix in Pasta and toss with the parmesan.